UWE CPD at Bristol Business School are pleased to be offering a new 2-day course; “Flourishing at Work” in April 2023.
This course goes beyond a palliative approach to wellbeing which assumes stress is a failure of someone to cope with an emotionally challenging workplace, offering instead strategies to forget or survive things.
The pandemic accelerated our understanding of work as a place to go; work instead is a place to be in complex and multi-layered networks of relationships. If you are interested in understanding flourishing as understanding your place in relationally-complex environments, recognising boundaries and monitoring what we “spend” of ourselves, then this course is for you.
The facilitator, James Costello, is author of Workplace Wellbeing – A Relational Approach and has decades of experience as a psychotherapist, trainer and supervisor across the private, third and public sectors and more recently through working with complex organisational dynamics at the UK Home Office.
In this experiential course, you will explore issues including:
- Understanding the pressure-points in the context of your unique setting.
- Develop your listening skills, enabling you to diffuse emotionally-charged situations differently.
- Learn to notice emotional “triggers” and have different outcomes.
- Reflect on your negotiating style when resolving conflict.
- Become more aware of boundary issues regarding relationships that go beyond face-to-face, which includes virtual real-time and out-of-time working.
On completion of this course participants will gain:
- An understanding of the boundaries between home and work.
- Insights into working structures to inform change processes in your context.
- The capacity to understand yourself and others in your context.
For more information including fees, please click here.
The booking form can be accessed by clicking here.
If you have any questions about the course, please contact us via the enquiry form linked here.