EAL and Creativity – Using Arts-Based Methods for Supporting Learners of English as an Additional Language
Thursday 12th July 2018 9.00 – 4:00 pm
The University of the West of England, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol, BS16 1QY
Professor Alison Phipps, Glasgow University:
“The Well in Welcome: Creating Welcoming Environments for All”.
Dr Mary Carol Combs, University of Arizona.
Learning in the Third Space: Pedagogies of Hope and Resistance
Creative art workshops
- Adinkra Creative Links – Naa Densua Tordzro and Gameli Tordzro
- Spoken Word, Broken Silence – Tawona Sitholé and Alison Phipps
- Film-making and EAL Learners – Maryam Almohammad
- Craft-making with EAL Learners – Jane Andrews
- Judith Prosser, Cotham School, Bristol
- Karen Thomas (Portsmouth EMTAS) and Rebecca Reeve
The conference is free but please make a booking here so we can organise catering and transport.
Follow us on Tiwtter: @CWLE_EAL