EAL and Creativity – Using Arts-Based Methods for Supporting Learners of English as an Additional Language
Thursday 12th July 2018 9.00 – 4:00 pm
The University of the West of England, Coldharbour Lane, Bristol, BS16 1QY
CWLE team at the Department of Education and Childhood, the University of West England in collaboration with Integra Schools is pleased to invite practitioners to a one day conference.
Professor Alison Phipps, Glasgow University:
“The Well in Welcome: Creating Welcoming Environments for All”.
Dr Mary Carol Combs, University of Arizona.
Learning in the Third Space: Pedagogies of Hope and Resistance
Creative art workshops
- Adinkra Creative Links – Naa Densua Tordzro and Gameli Tordzro
- Spoken Word, Broken Silence – Tawona Sitholé and Alison Phipps
- Film-making and EAL Learners – Maryam Almohammad
- Craft-making with EAL Learners – Jane Andrews
- Judith Prosser, Cotham School, Bristol
- Karen Thomas (Portsmouth EMTAS) and Rebecca Reeve
The conference is free but please make a booking here so we can organise catering and transport.
For inquiries please contact Dr Jane Andrews email@example.com and Dr Maryam Almohammad Maryam.Almohammad@uwe.ac.uk
Follow us on Tiwtter: @CWLE_EAL