I’m striving to be a better ally, and you can too!

by Rahul Aswani, Vice President Community and Welfare, The Students’ Union at UWE Bristol.

As your VP Community and Welfare, I think UWE Bristol is a very exciting place to be, with many experiences for you to enjoy and have. I am passionate that UWE Bristol is a community where we all feel welcome and safe.

From my personal experiences here at UWE Bristol, I am striving to be a better ally to ensure we stay safe together. I am looking at my own behaviour to make sure I am not making anyone feel uncomfortable.

I am a vocal advocate for anti-spiking campaigns and I support my friends to seek support if they have experienced any form of harassment.

In my role this year as your VP Community and Welfare, if there are spaces where you feel unsafe or want to see change, please do get in touch as I am here to represent you! As part of my manifesto, I am lobbying UWE for funding to provide first aid training to more students and bringing greater awareness to the emergency contact numbers at UWE Bristol.

Get in touch by email – VPcommwelfare@uwe.ac.uk

Back to top