After a summer filled with sunshine, we’re holding a welcome back careers event next week as part of induction week. The Start of the Year Careers Forum will shine a light on opportunities for graduate jobs, placements and internships with leading legal and non-legal employers from the South West and across the UK.
The forum will take place on Wednesday 19th September from 10am.
The forum will consist of a mixture of employer stands and breakout sessions with short talks. Expect:
- Employer stands with information and freebies.
- A chance to meet and hear from legal and non-legal employers from the South West and across the UK. All of the attending employers recruit law graduates.
- Insights into working in different job roles and sectors.
- Tips to help you stand out in application processes for placements and graduate jobs.
- A window into the future of how technology and other trends are changing jobs and industries.
Whether you want to become a solicitor, a barrister, or do something else entirely, this event is designed to appeal to all law students with a wide variety of interests and ambitions. It will give you the chance to talk to non-legal employers and find out why they value and recruit law students. There will be law firms present, as well as a wide range of other employers who are interested in your skills as a law graduate.
These employers have an interest in speaking specifically to you. Employers signed up include:
WHEN & WHERE: Wednesday 19th September, 10am-2pm, Floor 3 in the Business School. This will show in your timetables.
This event is aimed at second and third years in the Faculty of Business and Law, and we will be issuing a full programme shortly. Keep up to date on Twitter @UWELaw.
Don’t miss out!