The Hub have 12 EV3 Mindstorms Robot kits for use in local schools. This is a fantastic resource, which is free for the schools to use with the support of a STEM Ambassador.
Monday’s training session will be delivered by John Pinkney, a LEGO Education Certified Trainer. Places were booked out fast – everyone loves robots!
The training session will cover:
- Running short, high-impact sessions with LEGO Mindstorms – including quick builds for maximum learning impact
- Moving Mindstorms away from instruction led building
- Key builds to inspire students
- An introduction to sensors – bringing Mindstorms to life with sensors and how to get the most out of them:
- Ultrasonic, Colour and Touch
- Gyro – its power and its challenges!
Some of our Women Like Me engineers will be participating in the training, enabling them to use the kits as part of their outreach activities.