On Monday 22nd October, Lego Mindstorms training will come to UWE Bristol, courtesy of the West England STEM Ambassador Hub and Raising Robots, and supported by UWE’s Women Like Me.
The Hub have 12 EV3 Mindstorms Robot kits for use in local schools. This is a fantastic resource, which is free for the schools to use with the support of a STEM Ambassador.
Monday’s training session will be delivered by John Pinkney, a LEGO Education Certified Trainer. Places were booked out fast – everyone loves robots!
The training session will cover:
- Running short, high-impact sessions with LEGO Mindstorms – including quick builds for maximum learning impact
- Moving Mindstorms away from instruction led building
- Key builds to inspire students
- An introduction to sensors – bringing Mindstorms to life with sensors and how to get the most out of them:
- Ultrasonic, Colour and Touch
- Gyro – its power and its challenges!
Some of our Women Like Me engineers will be participating in the training, enabling them to use the kits as part of their outreach activities.