Meet the new Engineering Design and Mathematics Head of Department

Engineering Design and Mathematics at UWE Bristol has a new Head of Department. Read on to find out more about Dr Lisa Brodie:

“My name is Lisa, I am the new Head of Department in Engineering Design and Mathematics.  I have worked at UWE for 7 years, but I am an engineer by background and joined the university from an industrial engineering career, spanning many sectors.

I am excited to lead such a vibrant academic community to deliver an outstanding, practice-based learning experience. Our multi-disciplinary approach equips our student mathematical scientists and student engineers with the skills and knowledge required to work in industry now and in the future. Collaboration and partnership are at the heart of all our activities and our mission is to make a difference to our city, region and beyond.

As part of this strategy, we are investing in a £multi-million facility that aligns to the university’s academic vision of promoting collaborative learning and reflects the strategic importance of this subject area in the regional economy.  I am passionate about encouraging diversity in the profession and creating and maintaining a positive, supportive place to study.  I would love to hear from you, so please do get in touch.”

You can read more about Lisa on her LinkedIn page, and get in touch with her via email.