International Women in Engineering Day (INWED) is tomorrow – 23rd July – and is an opportunity to raise the profile of women in engineering and focus attention on the amazing career opportunities available to girls in this exciting industry.
The theme for this year’s INWED is “Shape the World”, and there are lots of ways you can take part…
- You could join in with the online careers fair hosted by LiketoBe, which is focused on Women in Engineering – June 23rd, 10:00 – 15:00
- Register for Burns & McDonnell’s Engineering Successful Futures: A Webinar on Diversity in the U.K. Engineering Profession to explore how women can succeed in an engineering career and make it to the top of the profession (and for students you’ll get the chance to learn about upcoming internships at the company) – 22nd June, 14:00
- Join enei for their virtual panel discussion which will look at women who have been successful in engineering, what they have done and where women wanting to go into engineering or are in engineering, can seek support for themselves and others – 22nd June, 14:30 – 15:30
- Be inspired by the Science Foundation Ireland Research Centre for Smart Manufacturing (Confirm Centre) webinar dedicated to finding out why some of their female academics, researchers and industry partners pursued Engineering – 23rd June, 15:00 – 16:00
- Tune into webinars “Engineers: How are they planning for the next big challenge nobody’s talking about?“ that highlight the role and purpose of engineering, particularly to young girls and their parents (and if you’re an IMechE Member, this can be tracked in the Career Developer section of your online account!) – 23rd and 24th June, 15:00 – 16:00
- Join the Institute of Civil Engineers for a webinar entitled – “Are we striking the right work/life balance to encourage more women into engineering?” – 23rd June, 8:30 – 9:30
- Register for Women 4.0 – Celebrating the women making the Fourth Industrial Revolution – 23rd June, 17:45 – 20:00
- Explore some of the challenges around gender imbalance in IT and engineering in the talk “48 years of (intermittent) campaigning to get more women into engineering and IT” by Creative Problem Solving with Oxford TRIZ – 24 June, 10:30
Or read about some of EDM’s inspirational women.
On 10th June women in UWE’s Engineering, Design and Mathematics department took part in celebrating the million women now working in STEM industries in the UK. They shared photos and stories to inspire other women in engineering. Read more here.
Other INWED events can be found here: http://www.inwed.org.uk/activities.html