The closure of schools, colleges & universities combined with self-isolation, cancellation of career fairs and face to face employer engagements is putting even more pressure on young people who are preparing to transition from education into the world of work.
But there’s a digital solution – careers fairs are moving online!
LikeToBe (a digital platform that introduces students to professional networking and career opportunities) is running online career showcases as part of their Transformational Inspirational Career Talks.
Their Career Showcase South West is on 22nd & 23rd June 2020.
Over two days, LikeToBe will host a scheduled series of insightful career talks & presentations by employers and their ambassadors. And in addition to the talks & presentations, the speakers will be available online to answer questions and offer career guidance and advice via the forums.
The focus for both days will be on STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Arts Mathematics) careers, with particular emphasis on:
- Pandemic issues affecting careers – 22nd June 10am – 3pm – “Pandemic Proof” – Protect Your Employability Post Pandemic (including discussion about how the pandemic might change the world of work in various sectors and how students can protect their employability)
- Women in Engineering – 23rd June 10am – 3pm – The World of Engineering Wants You!
Student’s sign up!
The online event will be accessible by any student, anywhere and at any time because the content will remain on the LikeToBe platform for up to 12 months. So unlike the traditional career fairs of past, this event will leave a legacy long after the event has taken place.
Students can pre-register for the careers fair by signing up to LikeToBe, in order to:
- Understand some of the career possibilities open to them in the world of STEAM
- Hear from a number of leading employers about their business and possible roles
- Get the chance to raise questions and clarify answers in near real time or later
For a preview of the types of talks that can be expected at the online careers fair, take a look at this recent talk by Patricia Sanchez from Rolls Royce about Transport Travel and Our Planet.
Speaker’s sign up!
LikeToBe are looking for speakers from businesses, universities and other organisations to get involved. If you’d like to offer students valuable insight and real life information on career options and advice, then here’s your chance!
Speakers are asked to create a short video about their career, complete a profile page and be available to answer questions on the career fair days. For more details please contact Antony Jinman (Founder and CEO) at email@example.com or Anouk Spelt at Anouk@liketobe.org.