Connecting local students and engineers with I’m an Engineer, Get me out of here!

I’m an Engineer is an online STEM engagement and enrichment project that connects students with real engineers online.

And this year, the DETI Inspire team from UWE Bristol have teamed up with I’m an Engineer to show students the positive impacts of digital engineering.

Engineers from across the region are invited to take part in the Youth Engagement with Engineering and Sustainability Summit (YEESS!) to help school students see engineering’s impact on sustainability and the future of our planet.

Together with DETI, I’m an Engineer will run 3 activities for schools in the West of England as part of the DETI Inspire programme.

In March and June 2021 , students can Ask engineers questions, Chat to them in live text-based Chats, and Vote for their favourite engineer to win £500 to put towards further outreach.

In October 2021 , engineers who have taken part in March and June will be given the opportunity to discuss sustainability and engineering with students ahead of COP26 (UN Climate Change Conference) as part of the Youth Engagement with Engineering and Sustainability Summit.

Register your interest now: imanengineer.org.uk/engineers/yeess/

As part of the activity, you can:

• Help students understand the role engineering has to play in making the world more sustainable
  • Engage school students in the West of England with your work
  • Help students see engineering as something ‘for them’
  • Improve your communication skills

I’m an Engineer is accessible and flexible to fit around your schedule – the Zones take place over 4 weeks, and you can choose to participate in live Chats at a time that suits you. You only need access to a computer or tablet, and Internet access, to take part.

Engineers, sign up to the first activity taking place from the 1st – 26th March here.

I would recommend I’m an Engineer to anyone looking to develop their engagement skills – it really is an invaluable experience

Engineer, Autumn 2020