Three local Year 10 pupils visited UWE Engineering in July, for a week of Engineering experiences.
Starting off with a tour of campus and of the different labs in Engineering, the three keen young engineers then spent preceding days working with various technicians, getting hands on to:
- learn the basics of electronic and mechatronic engineering
- designing and making a keyring using UWE machinery
- think about redesigning their city in a digital world (Minecraft)
- test out a new Lidar scanner for Architecture and the Built Environment
- getting their first experiences in coding programming the humanoid robot ‘Pepper’
- code music on ‘Manhattan’ – the crowd-based composing software
Thank you for putting together such an amazing week; I had a fantastic time and learnt so much about the different aspects of Engineering. I hope this Work Experience runs next year as I am certain many students in the year below me would absolutely love it as well.Brooke, Year 10 student
See photos from their week below.
Thanks to all the UWE Engineering technicians who made the week such a great and varied experience for all the Year 10s!