IET Prize awarded to UWE student engineer!

UWE student engineer Oliver Németh has been recognised for his hard work by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET). 

The IET Prize is awarded annually to outstanding students who are completing a course of study which has been accredited by the IET. Prize winners are nominated by their university based on having shown distinction in their course leading to the award of a first degree. 

As part of his win Oliver will receive a certificate and two years free student membership of the IET. 

I am honoured to receive the IET Prize from the University of the West of England for my outstanding performance during my MEng degree. I am extremely grateful for the recognition I have received for my work. I would like to thank my lecturers, project supervisor, and the laboratory technicians at the university who have provided me with the necessary support, knowledge, and guidance throughout my degree.

Oliver Németh, Electronic Engineering Graduate, UWE Bristol

Our IET Prizes are a fantastic way for talented engineering students to be recognised for their outstanding ability in the early stages of their engineering journey. IET Membership provides early career professionals with the opportunity to connect with a global community, grow their networks and develop their technical knowledge.

The IET is passionate about promoting engineering excellence and our awards and prizes showcase some of the very best engineering talent. All of the winners should be incredibly proud of their achievements. I wish them all the best for a very fulfilling and successful career – they are all difference makers of the future.

Professor Danielle George MBE, President of the IET

To find out more information about the range of prizes and awards available to young and aspiring engineers through the IET, please visit: www.theiet.org/awards