The Engineering Professors’ Council (EPC) is the voice of engineering academics, and are holding their face-to-face annual congress at UWE Bristol on 7 -9th June.
A Better World is the theme for the event, with a focus on ethics, sustainability and recovery. The congress features Dame Judith Hackitt, Chair of the Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety (following Grenfell); Dame Ottoline Leyser, CEO of UKRI; Hayaatun Sillem CBE, Chief Exec of the Royal Academy of Engineering; and Prof Steve West, President of Universities UK. Plus a host of expert speakers, dinner on the SS Great Britain and a UWE welcome to the cutting-edge Bristol Robotics Lab and brand new curriculum-led UWE Engineering building.
The full line up is below, and more details can be found on the EPC Annual Congress 2022: A Better World website.
The EPC represents engineering academics (at all levels) in higher education, and all academics at EPC member institutions are welcome to attend the meeting.
Bookings are open now via the UWE store. Paying via the online store is the easiest and quickest way to register for the event.
Tuesday 7th June
- 14:00-15:00: Registration: Engineering building
- 15:00-17:00: Tour: Engineering building and Bristol Robotics Laboratory
- 18:30-19:30: Public Lecture:Dame Judith Hackitt
- 19:30-20:15: Drinks reception: Students’ Union
- 20:15-onwards: BBQ and Morris Dancing: Students’ Union
Wednesday 8th June
- 09:00: Registration: Engineering Building
- 09:45: Welcome
- 09:55: Guest speaker: The Rt Hon Chris Skidmore MP
- 10:15: Panel: Sustainability
- 11:15: Panel: A new kind of student
- 12:15: Panel: Designing a curriculum for sustainability
- 13:15: Lunch
- 14:15 Panel: Engineering Ethics: a toolkit
- 15:30 Panel: Emerging greener
- 16:15: EPC online launch
- 19:00: Congress Dinner, SS Great Britain.
- 19:15: EPC President Prize: Hayaatun Sillem CBE
- 21:00: After dinner speaker: Simon Fanshawe
- 22:00: Hammermen Award
Thursday 9th June
- 09:15: AGM
- 10:00: Keynote: Working with industry for a better world: Ottoline Leyser
- 10:40: Panel: Working with industry for a better world
- 11:40: Panel: Accreditation for a better world
- 12:30: Keynote: looking to the future: Prof Steve West
- 13:00: Close
- 13:15: Lunch