Congratulations, you’ve almost finished your course! To make your final few months with us as easy as possible, we’ve put together a list of things you’ll need to do before you finish your studies, as well as some useful information to help you prepare for life after university.
Update your personal details
Please ensure the following personal details are correct in myUWE before you receive your results:
- your home address – this is where we’ll send your award certificate and certificate of credit
- your mobile number
- your personal email address.
Prepare to pay Council Tax
As a final year student, the last date of your council tax exemption is the last day of your last term. You should contact your council as soon as possible for an amended bill. Some courses (eg healthcare) have later date, so check your council tax certificate in the documents section in myUWE.
If you have re-sits, you’ll still be liable to pay Council Tax from the last day of term – you won’t be exempt. For further information check the Council Tax FAQ.
Download everything you need from our IT systems
Follow our IT guidance for graduating students to make sure you’ve got everything covered:
- Your subscription to Office 365 will end 30 calendar days after your Award Board meeting date. Please ensure that you have downloaded what you need from your OneDrive account before it closes.
- You’ll lose access to university IT systems 42 days after your course finishes – this includes myUWE, Blackboard and your H Drive.
- Your UWE Bristol email account will remain active for one year, but you’ll need to log in directly through Office 365.
- Set a date to download your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR) once you’ve received your final results.
Make use of our careers resources and support
If you’re not sure what you’d like to do once your course finishes, take a look at our online careers resources or book a virtual appointment with one of our careers coaches before you leave. We’re here to help you with your graduate career search or setting up your own business.
Even after you graduate you’ll still be able to access our careers services via InfoHub.
Consider Postgraduate Study
Our postgraduate courses can help you fast-track your career, no matter what you studied for your undergraduate degree.
Postgraduate study is more accessible than ever before with a variety of funding and scholarship options available – you might be eligible for a tuition fee discount of 50% on selected courses through our Vice-Chancellors Scholarship.
If you’re considering further study and would like to speak to someone about your options, join one of our Online Open Events.
Register with Alumni Connect
Alumni Connect is our online site linking UWE Bristol students and alumni around the world. You can find industry experts, professional contacts, and local connections.
Top reasons to use Alumni Connect in your final year:
- find inspiration on what to do next
- direct access to great contacts now and after University
- get advice from alumni experts who want to help
- make valuable connections in your chosen industry
- it’s confidence boosting and it’s free.
Graduate Outcomes survey
Fifteen months after you’ve graduated, we’ll get in touch as part of the Graduate Outcomes survey to find out how you are getting on in your career.