by IT Services
We want you to feel confident when using IT at UWE Bristol, whether you’re studying at home, in halls or on campus, our support team has a wealth of experience and we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service.
Advice and information online
Our IT Services webpages include a range of information with handy step-by-step guides including:
- myUWE and Blackboard support
- Software for your personal computer, including Microsoft Office
- Data storage
- Eduroam (student campus WiFi)
- Online safety and best practice (more to come on that later!)
A good place to start is our getting started with IT at home guide, as you’ll need to make sure you’re ready to go once term starts.
If you’re unsure what IT equipment and specifications you might need for studying at home, check out our choosing IT equipment for university webpage.
Staying safe online
We want you to stay safe online so have compiled a few handy tips to help you. Whilst the UWE IT systems are safe and secure, you need to do your bit too!
- Don’t say it won’t happen to me! Everyone is a potential victim of cyber criminals.
- Every password you use should be strong and unique. Never share your password with anyone and remember that the University will never email or call you to confirm your password.
- Be cautious and always think before you click, open attachments or download files in emails you receive, regardless of who sent them. Fraudsters often impersonate well known companies such as Amazon and Spotify.
- Always use cloud storage or network drives. As a student you have access to 5TB storage space via Onedrive so try to avoid using hard disks and USB drives as these can fail and are susceptible to ransomware attacks.
- Always lock or log off a device when you leave it, even for a moment, to keep your information safe and secure.
More information can be found on our information security webpage.
How to contact us
We’re committed to providing your IT support in the safest possible manner and, whilst our phone and email service is operating as usual, we’ve made adjustments to our face-to-face services to ensure they are COVID-secure.
If you’re experiencing issues with IT or have a query, you can email email@example.com.
If you would rather call us, our telephone support is available 24/7, 365 days a year on 0117 32 83612.
Good luck and don’t hesitate to get in touch!