UWE Bristol, in partnership with the West of England Combined Authority (WECA), is delivering a series of fully funded ‘Inclusive Digital Bootcamps. These courses are being delivered in response to the growing demand for Digital Skills in the region and to support those whose progression, development or employment has been affected by the pandemic.
UWE Bristol are delivering three different bootcamps to develop medium-to-high level Digital Skills in the region. These targeted bootcamps will deliver both digital/specialist skills and the interpersonal soft skills that employers expressly need.
These bootcamps will be delivered over a period of 12-16 weeks. Throughout their learning, participants will have 1:1 mentoring support and will link with relevant industry to work on and understand real-life digital projects and showcase their skills to potential employers.
Each of the bootcamps will finish with a two-week preparation for employment module, where learners will be provided with a wide range of in-person and online support tools focused on entry into medium/higher level employment opportunities.
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Bootcamps
Starts 8 November
Equipping learners with skills needed to be at the forefront of emerging technologies across different industrial sectors.
- Mathematics and computer programming
- Data science fundamentals
- Software development
- Machine Learning & AI approaches
Data Bootcamp: Cloud-based skills
Starts 29 November
Developing learners’ cloud-based skills & creating Microsoft Power experts that will be an asset to any forward-thinking organisation.
- Master Microsoft cloud-based apps
- Understand and use Microsoft Power Platforms
- Access the Microsoft Learn programme
UX Design Bootcamp
Know what makes a good user experience and understand responsive design for smart-phones, robots and more.
- Learn advanced aspects of UX design for digital platforms
- Responsive design for smart phones and robots
- Specialised support to access ‘Disability Confident’ employment
- Understand UX design trends for a range of platforms
The bootcamps are primarily aimed at:
- 19-25 year olds
- Female learners
- Those living with health conditions or impairments
Anyone can still apply to take part, but priority access is given to those who meet one (or more) of the above criteria.
These bootcamps are fully funded for adults and are designed to be manageable alongside existing employment.